Zip Code *
Phone number *
Preferred method of contact and best time of day to reach you (Morning/Afternoon/Night)
Employment Status: (full-time, part-time, student, retired, other) *
What are you available to foster? Check all that apply.
Who else lives in your home and what are their ages and relation to you?
Does everyone in your home consent to fostering a puppy or dog?
Are there any behavior problems you are NOT willing to handle?
Are you available 365 days a year? (if not please explain)
Who will be the primary caretaker? *
How long are you willing to foster?
What type of property will the foster be housed? (House, condominium, apartment, Etc.)
If it is a rental, have you confirmed pets are allowed?
Do you have a fenced yard?
If yes, how many feet high is your fence?
If no, explain how your foster will be contained on your property?
Are you willing to transport the Aussie to the vet if needed? *
How many hours will the foster be home alone on a typical day? *
Why do you want to become a foster?
Are you willing to foster more than one Aussie at a time?
Do you have any experience as a foster?
Have you ever turned in an animal to a shelter?
If yes, what were the circumstances?
Do you have any experience with dogs that have/had special needs?
If yes, please explain:
What current pets do you have, and what are their type, breeds, ages, and sex?
Are your pets spayed/neutered?
Are your pets up to date on vaccinations?
Veterinarian's name and phone number: *
#1 Please provide a reference's name and phone number (NON FAMILY MEMBER) *
#2 Please provide a reference's name and phone number (NON FAMILY MEMBER) *
Are you willing to travel to pick up your foster? If yes how far?
Are you willing to consent to a home visit?
Are you willing to consent to a background check?
Questions/concerns/other relevant information:
Thank you for the desire to foster an Australian Shepherd! Your support is greatly appreciated. Our needs for fosters will always vary. We may have an immediate need in specific locations, but if not, it is important for us to build up our database of qualified and approved fosters so that when a need is identified, we can be confident in our choice of a proper foster home. Please notify your references and Veterinarian to let them know we will be contacting them. We will get back to you as soon as possible with the status of your application. Is the above information provided in this application true and complete to the best of your knowledge?
By clicking submit you (also) understand and agree to the following:
- Any dog that is pulled from a shelter under Aussie Rescue SoCal will be adopted out under an Aussie Rescue SoCal adoption contract - any exceptions must be made ahead of time and only with prior approved rescues.
- All of the information given in this application is true and complete. I agree to follow all rules, regulations and procedures of Aussie Rescue SoCal and to comply with all instructions given. I understand that it is my decision whether or not to foster any particular dog and I fully understand that Aussie Rescue SoCal may remove the foster dog from my home at any time.
- I understand that volunteering for Aussie Rescue SoCal involves companion animals and presents an inherent risk of injury. In consideration for the risk of injury while participating in animal rescue with Aussie Rescue SoCal and as consideration for the right to participate, I hereby, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, or personal representatives, knowingly and voluntarily hereby waive any and all rights, claims or causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising out of my participation with Aussie Rescue SoCal and release and forever discharge Aussie Rescue SoCal, its officers, directors, affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, staff, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessor, successors and assigns, from any physical or psychological injury, including but not limited to illness, personal injury, property damage, economical or emotional loss, that I may suffer as a direct result of my voluntarily participation with Aussie Rescue SoCal.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Aussie Rescue SoCal against any and all claims, suits or actions of any kind whatsoever for liability, damages, compensation or otherwise brought by me or anyone on my behalf, including attorney’s fees and any related costs, if litigation arises pursuant to any claims made by me or anyone else acting on my behalf.
- I fully understand that all decisions regarding the foster dog as to adoption, medical issues, behavior modification and euthanasia will be made solely by Aussie Rescue SoCal. I agree to fully comply with all these decisions.
Aussie Rescue SoCal greatly appreciates your valuable service as a foster. Your efforts will make a difference, and will continue to make a difference, for every dog you are able to foster.